Our weekly Prison Professors nonprofit free webinar featured Jon Gustin, who recently retired as Administrator of the Residential Reentry Management Branch, overseeing all halfway houses and home confinement programs across the country.
During our one-hour webinar, Jon Gustin and I covered:
- Who determines placement in the halfway house?
- Can the warden approve a compassionate release?
- Is it possible to bypass the halfway house and go straight to home confinement?
- Who will access qualifications for placement in the halfway house?
- Discussion on how earned time credits applies to people in the halfway house.
- Does the first team meeting count as the first assessment towards earned time credits?
- The value of a release plan before, during and after federal prison.
- Why is the probation report so important?
- How to respond to staff in a respectful manner.
- and more!
Our team is thankful to Jon for the time and expertise he continues to offer to Prison Professors’ nonprofit organization. His work is vital in helping us convey the value of advocacy.
Prison Professors Non-Profit takes the following approach:
- We create plans and processes to help justice-impacted people at every stage of the journey,
- We hire executives who retired from the Bureau of Prisons to get expert guidance,
- We hire formerly incarcerated people who help us communicate the importance of personal preparations,
- We create training programs that give us access to federal prisons,
- We use that access to advocate for positive changes,
- We create data showing the value that comes with the expanded use of incentives, and
- We publish that data to persuade stakeholders on the need for more opportunities for people to earn higher levels of liberty at the soonest possible time.
Use the URL below to register for our weekly webinar: https://prisonprofessors.com/weekly-webinar-team