Pre Sentence Interview: Questions the probation officer will ask the Assistant US Attorney:
- Has the defendant cooperated with the government?
- Has the defendant obstructed the investigation in any way?
- Should we consider any aggravating or mitigating circumstances?
- Does the defense contest any issues not identified in the plea agreement?
- Do you know of any other jurisdictions that may be investigating the defendant?
- Who is the victim in this case?
- How can I contact the victim?
- What is the amount of loss in this case?
- What exposure to loss was possible in this case, even if there wasn’t any loss?
- Was any of the loss recovered?
- How much did the defendant profit from this offense?
- How much did the defendant intend to profit from this offense?
- Do you have any personal or business financial statements that the defendant provided?
- What level of culpability would you say the defendant had in the offense?
- How long was the defendant involved in this offense?
- How and when did the government start its investigation of the defendant?
- How did the defendant respond at the time of arrest?
- How has the defendant adjusted during pretrial supervision?
- Has the defendant made efforts to repay the victims or make restitution?
- Has the defendant engaged in any programs that the court would want to know about?
- What do we know about the defendant’s criminal history?
- What do we know about the defendant’s history of bail jumping?
- Does any documentation exist about the defendant’s involvement in domestic violence?
- Does any documentation exist to suggest sexual misconduct?
- What allegations exist about the defendant’s use of weapons?
- Does the defendant have any ties to gangs or organized crime?
- Do we know of any threats the defendant has made against government officials?
To begin preparing for the probation interview properly, schedule a call here.